Not Every Sparkling Stone is a Diamond – It Can Be a Diamond Simulant
By Seo Team | April 18, 2019
Often people, in search of a diamond, make this mistake of calling every dazzling stone, a diamond. Taking this as an advantage, there are some jewelers who sell duplicate diamonds in the name of real mined diamonds or lab-created diamonds. But you need to learn the basic difference between a real lab-grown diamond and a diamond simulant.
Let us get an insight into the two different categories of diamonds.
What are Diamond Simulants?
Whenever it comes to diamond simulants, it always reminds us about the cubic zirconia or moissanite. These two are the two most common examples of diamond simulants. These crystalline structures are used to create the imitate diamonds with an alluring look resembling the organic diamonds. If you compare these stones with the real diamonds, you will find they possess similar physical properties of the real diamonds. But there is no hint of other optical or chemical properties of the organic natural gemstones. So, just based on the similarities you can’t define them as true diamonds.
Properties of diamond simulants
1. Simulants exhibit excellent sparkle. Their dazzling brightness and mesmerizing sparkle take away the breath of the viewers. As a consequence, they end up assuming this as the real sparkling diamond stone.
2. Cubic Zirconia or Moissanite are highly durable. Hence, if your budget is low and wants to gift her an engagement ring studded with a stone, maybe a diamond then buying a diamond simulant will definitely be a sustainable purchase.
3. Simulants just appear like a diamond. They are not real diamonds nor they are equipped with true diamond properties. In fact, you can’t even name them as lab-grown diamonds just because they are created in labs. Lab-grown diamonds do not just look similar they are identical from top to bottom. Whether it is a physical property or an optical characteristic, since they are comprised of actual carbon atoms, they exhibit the same.
4. CZ or moissanite can be purchased at a very reasonable rate. You don’t need to spend enough bucks to access these gemstones, unlike the lab-grown diamonds where you have to spend a good amount behind this.
What are Lab-grown Diamonds?
Lab-grown diamonds can never be termed as intimate diamonds or duplicate diamonds as they possess their own set of properties that match exactly the same as the mined diamonds. They have identical physical, chemical, and optical properties of natural diamonds. Even if you are using professional gemological equipment, it will hardly let you create any visible difference between the natural diamonds and lab-grown diamonds. They are that so identical in nature. You can only differentiate them if you are using extensive scientific testing equipment.
Additional properties of lab-grown diamonds
1. Lab-grown diamonds are eco-friendly. Yeah, they don’t disturb the mother earth in any case while their diamond creation. Since these diamonds are formed in the laboratory, they don’t even affect a single leave, unlike the mined diamonds. This is one of the primary reasons why lab-grown diamonds are so highly appreciated, especially by the green lovers. If you want to go green, then our lab-grown diamonds will always welcome you.
2. Lab-grown diamonds are sustainable. You can continue wearing these diamond jewelries forever without any hesitation.
3. Lab-grown diamonds are equally graded as the mined diamonds. They possess the same four characteristics of diamonds – cut, color, clarity, and carat. Similar to the real mined diamonds, these are graded in a similar way by the GIA labs.
It might be confusing and conflicting. But it is true. Hope now you will be able to choose your own diamond for your diamond engagement ring? Still, if you have any problem, then you may prefer to take expert advice.
Our Diamonds Inc is having a special guide for our clients. The facility of personal assistance will allow you to pick up the right lab-created diamond for your engagement ring or will assist you to create the best design for your love.